ICO Partners is looking for a French-speaking Communications Manager to join our multinational team. We’re based in the vibrant city of Brighton, UK and looking for someone who can join us to oversee a varied number of video games clients.
The ideal candidate is a French-native speaker who has relationships with the local games industry in France and experience in video games PR, community management or influencer management. Client management expertise is not essential but would be a nice to have.
You will be joining a team of nine other natives from all over the world in our Brighton office, working on cool projects, attending games conferences and trade shows and pushing the boundaries of communication in the games industry.
If this sounds like you, and you’re interested in joining a highly motivated, fun and skilled team, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or drop us a line for more info.
We are: ICO is a small games publishing agency based in Brighton, UK. We work in 3 main areas within the games industry: Communications, Business Intelligence and Marketing. Our mission is to raise the bar when it comes to publishing, unlocking our clients potential with our expertise and tools.
We are an open, inclusive and progressive place to work, proud to take care of our team’s physical and mental health. We support our team individual development and career progression proactively and strive to make the games industry a better place to work. We encourage and support your hobbies and interests through regular team training initiatives and expertise-sharing activities.
We are proud to represent some of the biggest games in the world, with current projects including Magic: The Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, Northgard and World of Warships. In the past we have worked with studios like Hi-Rez and Riot Games as well as indie titles such as Armello, Bury Me My Love or A Normal Lost Phone. We regularly feature in games media where we cast a light on the industry news and trends, as well as work with content creators on Twitch and Youtube regularly.
You are: Someone with passion for video games, communicating about them and keen to help teams around the world reach new heights.
What you bring to the team:
- Native French speaker with strong spoken and written communication skills.
- Fluent English and French is required, additional language skills are a plus.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a communications role, ideally facing the media.
- Experience in media relations, social media, influencer marketing or community management is ideal
- Understanding of the French video games media landscape and industry.
- Proven organisational and planning skills.
- Focus, able to prioritize tasks based on timeliness
- Ability to work with and analyse data, as well as report writing.
- Comfortable working in multicultural teams and across languages (we use English across the team).
- Happy to multitask between clients as needed.
- Interested in video games, news and trends.
What you will be doing:
- Owning project management for multiple projects at the same time, from big games coming from well known studios to small, independent ones.
- Managing relationships with journalists, content creators and key stakeholders across selected European territories with primary focus on French speaking territories.
- Working closely with clients to create and implement publishing plans, schedules and calendars across PR, influencer marketing and social media.
- Creating external facing communications for our clients.
- Connecting with journalists, content creators and clients in the games industry.
- Attending major international and local industry events, learning about trends and making connections with people, supporting our client presence as needed.
- Overseeing regular media relations activities including media outreach, collection and analysis of press coverage, reporting, organization of events, interviews and promotions.
- Ability to work on market research projects and business intelligence areas within the games industry.
- Working with teams of all sizes and profiles, from triple A to indie.
- Playing and testing video games as needed.
Benefits & Perks:
- Perk pack with discounts for shops, cinema and more (similar to Perkbox).
- Flexible working conditions.
- Team health activities every month.
- Yearly personal development plan, choose areas you want to learn or improve and we help you make it happen.
- Pension contribution.
Remuneration : DOE
Location: On-site at our Brighton, UK office. (Relocation package available)
Reports to: Communications Director
Hours: Full-time, 37.5 hours per week